You guys are so cool…
Another award from not one but TWO wonderful blog-friends…
Some time ago – December, maybe? A week feels like a decade right now, so I’m not exactly sure…But a while ago my Marvelous Muse Kathryn proffered this pretty in such a subtle way that I missed it entirely until she pointed it out, despite having read that particular post.
(“Oh, she linked to me and said such sweet things! How nice! And in such fine company…” is what went through my slightly addled brain. Duh.)
Then, last week – I’m pretty sure it was last week – Mel from 351 in 365 also deemed my little chicken-scratchings award-worthy…
I’ll humor you guys…though I’m not sure I can come up with 10 things you don’t already know about me, OR name six other blogs that aren’t already sporting the Kreativ logo.
1. I Was born on the 22nd of March, on the cusp between Piceses and Aries…which makes the fact that I love to swim, had a career in seafood, and can be stubborn as a goat perfectly logical.
2. Both my parents are from Arkansas.
3. The first thing I ever planted – that I can remember – was Indian Corn. Some fall decorations my Mom had were coming apart, so I stuck the kernels in the ground near our back fence. My Dad said it wouldn’t grow…but it did. (He cut it down before it matured, I think. It was in the yard, after all…)
4. The first song I ever sang in public (solo) was The Rainbow Connection from The Muppet Movie. It’s still one of my favorites…
5. I would rather scrub toilets than iron clothes. Until I moved in with a guy who took his shirts to the laundry every week, I didn’t even own things that required ironing.
6. Way deep down in my heart, I still love snow the way a little child does…it’s the shovelling I can’t stand.
7. I have never been further west than Colorado.
8. I am in serious need of a hair cut. (Yes, I’m running out of things to tell you…)
9.I love football – American football, that is…Hubby prefers the other kind.
10. I still prefer writing with pen and paper to typing…it’s much easier to doodle when you’re stuck for an idea.
Hey! I did it! Now, for the blogs part…
I promised Mel I’d look for my ‘ruins’ photo, and here it is. This is from a 2009 trip (as are the other photos in this post. Mouse-over them for details.) It’s called Chateau Gaillard, and it’s in Petit Andely in France…Click the link if you want to know more about it. There were a few more photos of it, but they were all taken at mid-day, so they’re not terribly good.
Ok, I was able to find four of you on my list that I don’t think already have this…play along if you want, or just enjoy it… no biggie, either way.
Food, Flowers, Herbs and Life – Phyllis has some really wonderful recipes AND she’s a fan of Middle Earth. How could you not love that combination?
Leanne Cole’s Blog – A photographer from Down Under, who got a cool scanner for Christmas, and is working through her archives. Her series is really showing her evolution as a photographer – and giving me a glimpse of a country I’d love to know more about.
From the Bartolini Kitchens – Our Dapper Gentleman John, with his family recipes and stories (and wonderful comments!). Oh, and I’ll get back to playing ‘Tag” later in the week!
Bam’s Kitchen – Bobbi is an expat living (currently) in Hong Kong. The photos alone are reason to visit her, and her recipes are really amazing.
Enjoy their blogs!